Thursday, May 19, 2011

Well...25 hours later

I have officially made it to Zambia! My first day of travel was only within the United States. We started off driving from Searcy to our flight in Memphis. After some delays checking in and a minor mishap with some tickets, we made it to the flight only to find out two people were booked for the same seat! We could not leave our fearless leader Dr. Weaver in Memphis on our first leg of the journey! Luckily after some searching through tickets we found the person who was standby and kicked her off! Haha. So about 25 minutes later we were off to Chicago. In Chicago I ate some pizza. Fitting, I know. After boarding the flight we were informed that some weather gadget was not working and they were trying to fix it, aka another delay. The good news was, we had a very entertaining flight attendant man that shared his food and sang to us. The bad news was, I was stuck in the middle seat between two old men I did not know. Always my flight luck. An hour later we finally got to leave and had a smooth flight to D.C. Upon arrival we waited for an eternity for some hotel trams and finally got to rest after day one of travel.


Day 2/3 This day began with yet again another long wait for a tram to the airport. Luckily, I am not one to freak out, and I associate myself with those type of people as well. When we arrived to the airport we waited in line forever! But we made it through security with little problems and boarded our 13 hour flight. Lucky for me I was sitting my Anna, another girl who is entergetic and easily distracted like me, so we easily entertained ourselves. Unfortunately, I did not sleep at all...I did get to watch 4 movies, so that was nice I guess. And walk around the cabin a lot. I get a little stir crazy. The only sad part of that entire trip was discovering we could chat with other passengers 30 minutes before we landed. So sad. The next flight was not quite so nice. I was stuck in the back by a smelly man that decided he did not need to turn off electronics ever and that making a phone call while landing is a wonderful idea. I mean I know that nothing happened obviously but I was already on edge and that just made matters so much worse! Luckily we only had one other 1 hour flight and then we were on land!!! YAAAAY. I wanted to kiss it I was so glad to be off of planes. So yes. Now I am here in our hotel. Tomorrow we head for our final destination. Here is to no car sickness and safe travels! Until next time. Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment