Monday, June 20, 2011

The Final Monday

Blogging. Yay. I haven’t blogged for the past two days. So, the past two days have been quite emotional.

Sunday was our last day at church here in Zambia. In the morning I held Seth, which was probably not the wisest decision when it comes to paying attention. He is a little troublemaker to the max. He did well for almost all of the service until like 15 minutes before children’s church; then I had to hand him off to someone in the back so he would not cry throughout the rest of church. I then went to children’s church, which is completely precious. I love hearing all of the children singing and learning bible stories. After church was over we had a wonderful lunch prepared by Mrs. Ellie before I headed off to the Havens.

Upon heading to the Haven’s I realized I do not have my journal in my possession any longer causing me some stress. I headed to the Haven to yet again work on my capstone project. After working with some of the babies in Haven 1 I went over to Haven 3 for some fun time. I played with Emma, Katy, and Linny. I love whenever they are in the playful mood that typically only occurs on the weekend or whenever we are not there for therapy. They were crawling all over me and yelling my name playing along. I loved every minute of it. After play time I headed to the house for dinner in which my group had to clean dishes. Ben, Ashley, Cari, and I spent like 1 hour cleaning all of the dinner dishes. We headed to evening church, which was bitter sweet; I love being there but it was sad being our last time worshiping with all of the Zambians. That evening we all hung out reliving our lives in Livingstone through pictures.

Today we woke up and had jungle oats for breakfast, aka oatmeal with wild honey. We then walked to the Haven to have language therapy. For lunch Ba Leonard made pizza, which is always delicious. In the afternoon I worked with Kritz. We had a really great session where he talked a lot and followed directions well. For our last session I finished up work on my capstone project. I then ran the back trail to the soccer field in hopes that they were playing because we had heard they were supposed to be playing. Sadly when I saw the field, no one was there. So I sprinted to the field for nothing, at least I got a nice jog in through the back trail. We had dinner and then tonight had the second annual graduate assistant Olympics. They were hilarious and completely secret to all people not involved.

Good news. I have not shaved since I got here. Do I look awesome? Yes.

Tonight I looked at the stars because they are amazing. I am going to miss looking at them all the time. Then we got the news that one of the toddlers, Andrew, who has been very sick for the past few weeks passed away. I am glad he is no longer in pain and has now gone to be with the Lord. Please keep all of us in your prayers over the next few days because tomorrow especially will be hard. In addition, we found out one of the babies, Hamilton has cataracts and is losing his vision. We have been hit with some hardships right before the end of our trip and would appreciate your prayers. I am so blessed to be here and have learned so much. I praise God for the opportunities I have been given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment